[bksvol-discuss] Re: a numbers update on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:16:23 -0400

I am surprised it is only 260 users downloading the latest Harry Potter book. I am one of them. Taking a break in validating to read it.

As to the question of turn around times, could we each speak about books we have kept out for longish periods. I for example have done this when a book needed a lot of meticulous correcting such as dates. I used to take longer doing that than I do now. Have gotten much better at using rank spelling and that has made date correction go faster. However, some reading is still necessary in these cases. I have also taken longer to validate when I find missing pages and renew the book until someone (read Cindy?) gets the books and supplies the missing fragments to complete the book. I do also think that people could be asked to renew for no longer than a month. Seems a reasonable amount of time to allot except in some unusual circumstances. Such circumstances might include a very long book, a extremely complicated or technical one or one with many errors. I just think that if we get better scans we will by definition tend to get faster validation turn arounds in books.

E.