[bksvol-discuss] Re: a newby question

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 09:50:19 -0400

I also think that reviews from people whom we learn have tastes similar to
our own can help a lot.  Is there some place where we can list our favorite
authors/books in a profile like thing that others can search to find kindred
individuals?

I'm thinking, if I had such a profile, one could search on William Faulkner
or Toni Morrison or Hunter S. Thompson and find me and the additional
authors who would find their way onto my list.  I find that people who enjoy
Toni Morrison also tend to enjoy Faulkner, Eudora Welty and other writers of
the southern school (Truman Capote, Harper Lee, etc.).  Thus, if they have
just finished "Light in August" and are looking for something similar, they
can search for Faulkner and find that people who read him also enjoy William
Styron for instance.

It's just a thought.

cdh

Chris Hofstader