[bksvol-discuss] Re: a new volunteer approved

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 09:58:13 -0800

Hi, Steve, first thing I learned was to make a copy of the book I plan
to proofread so you can mark that one up to a fare-thee-well and remove
them before sending it up to Bookshare for approval. I never touch the
original scan I download for insurance purposes. The idea is you can
make another copy to work on and "mess it up" (my technical term
[smile]). I generally prefer to stop a session at a place where I will
start next time, say, a new chapter. Then I write in brackets the words
"start here" (without the quotation marks). When I begin again I delete
those words then start reading from where I left off and do the
requisite stuff. Regards, Kim Friedman.