[bksvol-discuss] Re: a new MS Word plug in to allow saving in Daisy format coming in 2008

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 08:33:48 -0500

Hi all,

I think I may have strayed from the topic somewhat here. Jim, nice to know somebody else has my cynical bent. As one who creates most of her own HTML, anything created by MSWord is so clumsy and is not, as you say, up to the WAI standards at all. What it amounts to is a quick and dirty way to convert a file, and it ends up causing more problems in the long-run than either using a reputable tool like Dream Weaver or just up and learning to code your own stuff.

No, I don't do complicated web stuff, had to have help with my navigation bar and my shopping cart. But the text on my site is mine, thank God!

Actually, I love working in basic HTML because when you tell the code to put something in bold, you can actually see its beginning and its end, you know exactly what you've told the thing to do. You have complete control over the text. I love it!

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring