[bksvol-discuss] a little frustrated with a book I'm working on

  • From: "Jamie Prater" <jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 16:12:48 -0500

Hi, all, I'm a little frustrated about a book I'm working on.  It's called who
gets the drumstick, and it's a fantastic book that I've been wanting to read,
and I've thoroughly enjoyed reading it.  I'm frustrated because I was asked to
rescan a book that I'm only the proofreader of.  I hope and pray I can do all
the deleting of duplication of text and putting page numbers on separate lines
that I have been asked to do.  I have no sighted help whatsoever and am totally
blind and am wondering how I'm to accomplish this when after every page number
there uninteligible characters--probably representing Roman numeral chapter
headings and/or braille paging numbers or something.  I don't want to make the
situation worse.  I had similar troubles with another book--a children's book
called Little Prince know-it-all, and it still has yet to be added to the
collection.  What is it that makes the page numbers not be on a separate line
and need to be placed on a separate line?  I've not had to number pages in
MicroSoft word in almost four years and am at a loss as to how to fix the
mistakes.  Please advise as I want Shelley and myself to get the book ready for
publishing into the collection for others to enjoy and I want us both to have
credit for the work.  How am I supposed to get the rescanned book page into my
corrected and/or proofread copy and why is it that some books have these page
issues and some are placed and numbered clearly and properly?  Thanks for any
and all suggestions and help as I want others to get access to this fantastic
book.  It is truly a warm and delightful story of family life that should be a
classic if it isn't already.