[bksvol-discuss] Re: a kurzweil question

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:14:24 -0500

Hi Amber,
    Because lots of scanners steal focus away from Kurzweil when scanning, the
program has a built in feature that attempts to recover from this by
redirecting you into the product. I find that I can successfully navigate away
from Kurzweil when my scanner is on the return journey to start again. Be aware
though, that then it can sometimes be difficult to get Kurzweil to accept focus
again.

This is one of the only things about Kurzweil that I don't particularly like, I
certainly wouldn't call it a feature.

The issue came up a week or so ago on the Kurzweil list. One of the KES guys
said that part of the problem was that scanning is too heavy a process that you
wouldn't really be able to do anything while it was going on. Personally I
disagree, pulling up Winamp for an example to pause or fast forward a track
isn't intense work at all.

I'd like to see this 'feature' become an option. Stephen what're your thoughts?

Jake