[bksvol-discuss] Re: a frequent appearing word

  • From: Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:41:07 -0700

I'm reading the word "bar" in braille.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Guido Corona
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 3:02 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: a frequent appearing word

  Is the word spelled 'bar' or you just hear bar?  You may be encountering the
vertical bar character,  which is a junk char,  which may be announced as
'bar'.

  Guido

  Guido D. Corona
  IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
  IBM Research,
  Phone:  (512) 838-9735
  Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

  Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
  http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

        "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        06/16/2004 04:11 PM Please respond to
              bksvol-discuss

       To bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              cc
              Subject [bksvol-discuss] a frequent appearing word

  I am reading a Bookshare book at the present time (not validating) and I
frequently encounter the word "bar." This never fits into the context so I
assume it is probably a word resulting from the scan. Has anyone else seen this
and do you have any idea what causes it? Jill