[bksvol-discuss] Re: a frequent appearing word

  • From: "Paula Muysenberg" <outofsightlife@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:30:43 -0500

    I think I've seen the word "bar" in braille versions of Bookshare books. I
also found that the recipes in one book were practically unreadable, seemingly
because of the way Bookshare's braille translator interpreted the fractions.
Each one had the abbreviation "frac", between some kind of symbols, and one has
to do some guess work to determine what the original said--not something you
want to do with recipes!

    One option, if you want to take the time, is to fix the BRF version and
resubmit it. I once resubmitted just the BRF version of a book, after fixing
some braille errors. I was told to validate the book myself, and then leave a
note in the comments field about what I was doing.

Regards,
Paula