[bksvol-discuss] Re: a frequent appearing word

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 22:38:20 -0400

Yes, indeed.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Guido Corona
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 3:48 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: a frequent appearing word

  Thank you Jill,  your words are very fine music to my ears!

  Guido

  Guido D. Corona
  IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
  IBM Research,
  Phone:  (512) 838-9735
  Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

  Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
  http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

        "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        06/17/2004 02:25 PM Please respond to
              bksvol-discuss

       To bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              cc
              Subject [bksvol-discuss] Re: a frequent appearing word

  Thank you for that explanation. Next time I see that, I will pay special
attention to the words surrounding it, but wouldn't it be better if such
symbols were removed either by the scanner, validator or Bookshare with
whatever it is they do. I am reading another book right now (not validating)
with a rating of excellent. There are very few spelling errors but none of the
headers or footers have been erased and there are two sets of numbers. I am
learning a great deal from this list but end up with a lot of questions. If I
am going to scan or validate, I want the material I submit to be of as good a
quality as possible. I love books too much to see poor quality copies, so I
don't go along with the idea that quantity is better; I feel too sorry for the
mutilated book (that is unless the book was not worth reading in the first
place which is a subjective thing, of course). Jill