[bksvol-discuss] a few questions

  • From: "Meka" <mekawh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 16:32:33 -0700

Hello everyone:

I am validating another book right now and I just had a quick question. The current book that I am working on has a little blurb before the title page....or what I perceive to be the title page, anyhow.

So there is a little blurb taken from the book, a letter to the readers of Harlequin, then the notice about not reproducing the book, then the title, author, and copyright.

I apologize, but I am not knowledgable about how a print book is laid out (I didn't even know what a header was until it was pointed out to me), and I'm not certain of what to do. If this is alright, I'll just keep validating it, but I thought that the title page was always the first page of the book.

I also have a question concerning Ms word 2003. Everytime I go in to the options to uncheck animation, screen tips, and make it word wrap to the window, it constantly changes it back whenever I re-open the program and it's driving me nuts. It also opens up in the print view so I have to check normal view. I think it is only saving settings for each file but I want these changes to be permanent whenever I open the program. Any suggestions would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you.

Meka