[bksvol-discuss] Re: a few questions

  • From: "Julie Morales" <inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:19:07 -0700

Hi, Soniya. Well, for starters, you could look for a book that interests you
and that you think you'd like to read. Those are always fun because you can
validate and read at the same time, and that way, you will read the whole book
and be more likely to make the book as excellent as it can be. If you really
want to validate something but either can't find something you'd really be
interested in reading or just end up downloading something you're not
interested in reading, first, check for all the copyright info and make sure it
is a scanned book and not an e-text or Web braille book or something like that
that someone might try to pass off as a scan. Then, check to make sure the book
is complete with no missing pages. You can do that by skimming through the
book, making sure all the pages match up and what's at the end of one page
makes sense with what follows on the next. Don't remove blank pages at this
point. The blank pages help to maintain proper pagination when the book is
formatted into DAISY. Then, you do a spellcheck, correcting as much as you can
and maybe trying to figure out from context what you can't fix just by looking
at it. Granted, a lot might be missed by validating in this way, but it gets
the job done and makes sure the book is complete and won't leave someone
hanging when they're done. *smile* Have fun! Take care.
Julie Morales
inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows/MSN Messenger (but not email):
mercy0421@xxxxxxxxxxx