[bksvol-discuss] a couple of new books added to the collection

  • From: "Doug Maples" <wdmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 22:19:27 -0500

Valerie, Jamie and I worked together on a couple of books that are now in
the collection that some of you may be interested in.

Maida's Little Shop

And

The Yogi Book: I Really Didn't Say Everything I Said!

The first one is a nice book is quite old, but a good story of a young
motherless girl and an extremely rich father, who is put in charge of a
candy shop. She makes friends with the new people where she is now living.
Something kids can enjoy and even adults.

Even if you're not a baseball fan, you have to enjoy the quotes from Yogi
Berra. A funny book where Yogi discusses a number of the sayings attributed
to him and their origins. Did he really say all of those things? Once he
explains some of them, that make a lot more sense. Doesn't take long to
read, either.

-- Doug