[bksvol-discuss] Re: a book with multiple column pages

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:30:55 -0700

This is a good thread. I am thinking about doing a book, "The Annotated Hobbit" this summer. The text is in wide margins with the notes on either side. If I use colomn detection, then you will get pages with very short margins but which could be up to three times the vertical length of the original. So I will also be interested in the answer to Cindy's question.

I have a couple of other questions regarding this book, but I will ask them later as they are not related to this thread.