[bksvol-discuss] Re: a Pac Mate delimma

  • From: "Reggie & Brooks" <regandlon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 15:40:15 -0400

Nancy, if you use the PacMate, please do not use the whiz wheels, just the 2
buttons on the top row of buttons on the right and left (right to move the
line forward, left to move it back).  Just had another file of a book I was
almost finished reading corrupted by this hunk of junk! Now I have to go
back through in Word and re-do the book! Grrrr! Every book I do I read twice
and sometimes 3 times! ah well, doesn't answer your questions.  Open the
file in MS-Edit.  Either set the machine to speak page breaks or check on
the computer to see if they are there.  When you open the file, do not be in
a hurry, wait for the cursor to start moving before you do anything.  Save
your work frequently wwith control-S, do not know the BX command.  The rest
of the set-up can be done basically through the settings menu.  If you have
any further questions, let me know.  Personally I wouldn't put out 2 cents
for the thing, but I love my braille and I hate Word so I am stuck.  That is
my story and I am sticking to it! (smiles)
Reggie

  _____