[bksvol-discuss] a Pac Mate delimma

  • From: "Nancy Martin" <nancyam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 19:36:21 -0500

Hi all,
I need to hear from someone who proofs with a pacmate.  I'm borrowing a Pac
Mate Omni with a braille display.  The tech guy at the loaner agency is trying
to figure out why I can't establish a partnership with active sync.  In the
meantime, I bought a flash drive, put a book on it but can't figure out how to
open the file.  The PacMate doesn't acknowledge the connected device.  I used a
short USB cable to connect the pacmate to the flash drive.  What do I do now?
Unlike my PC, there's no "my computer" and control-o doesn't work.
I'd appreciate any suggestions.
thanks very much,
Nancy Martin
Oklahoma