[bksvol-discuss] Re: Yaye! And some questions, please.

  • From: The Pardees <jfpardee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 07:18:55 -0400

Hi Gwen,

Many more people will be able to validate the books if they are submitted in rtf. Removeing headers but leaving page numbers with global replace is one of the most helpful things you can do.

Jim

At 07:38 PM 8/22/06, you wrote:

Hi there everyone,

Mayrie said that probably it would be all right if I wrote to this list just this once. I'm Gwen, the twelve-year-old whose books Mayrie has been submitting. She just got a note telling of our first accepted book. Yaye!!! I'm soooooo excited! I do most of the work on my books, so I am awesomely excited!!!! This is sooooo neeeeeeat!! I really have learned a lot doing this. --But so much more to know.

Now, my questions. Mayrie has told me what she is learning about getting books validated, but, and I'm sorry if we aren't looking in the right places, but I can't seem to find out how to make my books as perfect as I can. Could someone tell me please, what all I need to do to make them the best, easiest to evaluate, that I can. I just learned about setting my scanner for two pages. After I scan, here's what I do. I look at the first few pages, you know, the ones with all of the copyright info on them to make sure that they're legible. Then I put the thing through the spell checker, which I just recently learned how to do, (fun!!) I fix what I can, then I have been having Mayrie submit them. She told me that a lot of books are in RTF format. Should I change my KES files into that before I submit, or no? And what else? Sorry if this is TMI too much information. I am just sooooo thrilled. Thank you all for being so nice and helpful. I have been typing so fast, I mean quickly, that I'll probably have to learn how to use the spell checker, which I think should be a spelling checker, but anyway, on the e-mail program too. Okay, I'll stop. Thanks to everyone for being so nice and helpful.

Yaye!!!
So thrilled,
Gwen