[bksvol-discuss] Re: YAHOO ANNOUNCES BOOK-SCANNING PROJECT

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 22:17:03 -0700 (PDT)

The article about yahoo scanning books is interesting.
I wonder if the books will be proofread or just
scanned and put on  the 'Net. Project Gutenberg has
been doing that for a number of years. I wonder what
if anything will make the yahoo project any better.

Cindy

http://www.wired.com/news/wireless/0,1382,69059,00.html

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB112834107711958392.html