[bksvol-discuss] XML Navigation

  • From: "Sue Stevens" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 21:55:29 -0500

Hi folks,

I guess this is a bit off topic, but since many of you read using DAISY files,
I thought it would be okay to ask here.

I am signed up with the NFB Newslineonline, and they have Readers Digest, among
many interesting and informative items. I downloaded the Daisy zipped file, and
extracted the files.  Internet Explorer 9 will read the XML files beautifully.
I know I can navigate to different headings by hitting h.  However, I do not
know how to navigate to the subheadings within those department headings.  For
example there is family, which I got to by hitting h.  Is there a way I can see
the subheadings under family? I may not want to read all of the articles under
a heading. Of course I can scroll down, but I thought there was probably an
easier shortcut keystroke.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Sue S.