[bksvol-discuss] Writers' club summary

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 11:42:55 -0700

Greetings to all:

On Saturday, July 26, at 9 a.m. Pacific, noon Eastern, the
Explorations in Creative Writing Group met in the friends of bookshare
classroom. This session was devoted to sharing of writing pieces,
which will be posted on the friends of bookshare site alphabetically
by author's last name.

During the meeting, we will be studying the second part of the chosen
curriculum, "Writing what You Know", which can be found at:
http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=2799

Keep hitting 2 until you hear: Heading Level 2 The everyday
All links that we will use for the meeting's curriculum are found
under that heading. Click them in the order given, & you should be
fine.

Even if you've never attended before, you're more than welcome to join
us next Saturday, August 2, 9:00 a.m. Pacific, noon Eastern, in the
friends of Bookshare classroom:
http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs0f1c528bd81b

&, of course, all regular attendees are encouraged to attend also.
Everyone's participation is very much appreciated.

An alternative way of getting to the meeting room is to go to the
friends of bookshare homepage,
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org
& click on the friends of bookshare classroom meeting room link.

First-time participants will need to download the web conferencing
plugin prior to entering the room, there is a section for 1st-time
users prior to logging in.

As always, if I may be of assistance, please contact me at:
abletec@xxxxxxxxx

The topics for the week are:
1. Starry starry night
2) Green Fields;
3) Autumn leaves
4) Sunshine on my shoulder
5) Some days are diamonds, some days are stones
6) Wildfire
7) Time in a Bottle
Or anything else that strikes your fancy!
Please keep pieces to about 5 minutes in length or approximately 1000
words. You are welcome to send your work to me at
abletec@xxxxxxxxx
prior to the meeting to be put into the browser, but try to have these
by Friday night, as stuff tends to get hectic on Saturday mornings.

--
Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride