[bksvol-discuss] Writer's Practice Group Announcement

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pat@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 03:12:23 -0800

Hello Everyone,

Last night's meeting of The Writer's Practice Group was a discussion of figurative language. You can find the audio archive of the meeting on the Friends of Bookshare web site.

http://www.friendsofbookshare.org)

Our next meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2007 at 6:00P.M. Pacific time, 7:00 P.M. Mountain Time, 8:00 P.M. Central Time, and 9:00 P.M. Eastern time in the Friends of Bookshare Classroom. The link to the classroom is:

Friends of Bookshare Class Room:
http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs0f1c528bd81b

Below is the list of writing topics for the next week, along with guidelines for completing them. We welcome all interested writers to join us and bring one of the writing topics to read aloud and share with the group. If you are unable to read aloud, but would still like to share your prepared writing topic, please e-mail it to me no later than 4:30 Pacific Time the day of the meeting, and I will have it ready to display to the group as text. My e-mail address is:

mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. I look forward to seeing you there.

Peace,
Mayrie

WRITING TOPICS FOR THE NEXT WEEK
Choose one of the following topics to bring to share at the next group meeting. These topics are purposefully broader than any we have played with before. Topics that are broader tend to lend themselves more easily to the use of figurative language. Try to make use of figurative language (similes, metaphors, personification, and hyperbole) when working with these topics. Please remember to keep the piece, or part of a piece that you will share at the meeting to something that can be read aloud in five minutes or less (about one-thousand words).

1.  swimming
2.  the stars
3.  the most frightened you've ever been
4. green places
5.  physical endurance