[bksvol-discuss] Writers Group Meeting Summary & topics

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:21:33 -0700

Explorations in Creative Writing Club
Summary, July 19, 2008

The Explorations in Creative writing club convened promptly at 9 a.m.
Pacific, noon Eastern in the friends of Bookshare classroom. Our guest
speaker today was Nan Hawthorne, author of the soon-to-be-released
novel, "An Involuntary King." Nan talked with us about how the book
came to be, gave tips for creating characters & doing research,
&provided resources she found helpful. She also talked about the
increasing trend toward "indie publishing". The last half hour was
spent fielding questions from the audience.

There is no way a brief summary such as this could even begin to do
justice to her presentation, & I would urge those who missed it but
who'd nonetheless like to improve their writing or who are interested
in learning more about her book to listen to the archive when it's put
up on the friends of Bookshare site. The Explorations in Creative
Writing group sincerely & wholeheartedly thanks Nan for spending her
time with us to do this presentation. I also wish to express my
appreciation to everyone who attended.

Writers' Topics for 7/19-7/26
1) 1 Christmas
2) What I'll Miss in Heaven
3) What I want heaven to be like
4) A long trip
5) HOme
6) Havin the Blues
7) Sunday Mornin comin' down (after Johnny Cash)

--
Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride