[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wow, those people are fast!!

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:52:51 -0600

I just received a notice that Santiago: A Myth of the Far Future by Mike
Resnick had been accepted. The thing is, I submitted it about two hours ago.

The funny thing is, I almost turned it down. In looking at the history of this
poor book it looked like it had been somewhere on the in processing list for
quite some time, either being checked out or returnUed (how bout that word).
But, since I had nothing earth shaking on my plate, I thought I'd work on it. I
really did expect to have to do a lot of work on this book.

On my first look with Kurzweil, I was surprised to find that it had a 99%
rating, and it took me about thirty minutes to get it up to 99.9%. Whoever
scanned it, and unfortunately I don't remember who it was, you did a wonderful
job, and thank you.

I guess my point is, we gripe a lot (actually, I gripe a lot) about the
process, but, usually, it works so great it's astonishing. So, thanks to
everyone involved in the process.

Who needs publisher quality books when we have a team here that does better
than publisher quality work.

Bob