[bksvol-discuss] Would anybody like to validate this?

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:30:35 -0700

Hi Everyone,

I have just finished scanning a book on loan to me from the library that I'm not interested in reading all the way through right now. It is "Never Have Your Dog Stuffed" By Alan Alda. I have removed all headers, and protected chapter headings. The page numbers are at the bottom of the pages, and not consistently separated from the text by a blank line, so would need to be protected by the validator. The book received a 99.72% accuracy rating from Kurzweil 1000's ranked spelling. Ideally, I'd like to see the book validated before I need to return the book on the fifth of November, just in case any pages need to be rescanned. That doesn't look likely, with an accuracy rating as high as it is. If anyone is interested in validating the book, just say so, and I'll submit. Otherwise, I'll hang onto my scan until I feel like reading it, and hope for the best about pages perhaps needing to be rescanned. I'll paste the book jacket information below.

Peace,
Mayrie

"My mother didn't try to stab my father until I was six," begins Alan Alda's irresistible story. The son of a popular actor and a loving but mentally ill mother, he spent his early childhood backstage in the erotic and comic world of burlesque and went on, after early struggles, to achieve extraordinary success in his profession. Yet Never Have Your Dog Stuffed is not a memoir of show-business ups and downs. It is a moving and funny story of a boy growing into a man who then realizes he has only just begun to grow. It is the story of turning points in Alda's life, events that would make him what he is if only he could survive them. From the moment as a boy when his dead dog is returned from the taxidermist's shop with a hideous expression on its face, and Alda learns that death can't be undone, to his decades-long effort to find compassion for the mother he lived with but never knew, to his acceptance of his father, both personally and professionally, Alda learns the hard way that change, uncertainty, and transformation are what life is made of, and that true happiness is found in embracing them. Never Have Your Dog Stuffed, filled with wonder, good humor, and honesty, is the crowning achievement of an actor,

(Continued From Front Flap)

and director. But surprisingly,
it is the story of a life more filled with intelligence and laughter than any Alda has ever played on the stage or screen.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Alan Alda played Hawkeye Pierce for eleven years in the television series M*A*S*H and has acted in, written, and directed many feature films. He has starred often on Broadway, and his avid interest in science has led to his hosting PBS's Scientific American Frontiers for eleven years. He was nominated for an Academy Award® in 2005 and has been nominated for thirty-one (and has won five) Emmy® Awards. He is married to the children's book author and photographer Arlene Alda. They have three grown children and seven grandchildren.