[bksvol-discuss] Re: Working towards Perfect Scans was: Re: Re: If text is too good

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 15:43:29 -0700 (PDT)

Yes (forgive me for not being too clear. I tend to
ramble a bit when I write).

 I scan the whole book. Then I read it, correcting it
as I go.This way, too, I've found pages that i've
double scanned or pages that I've skipped, either
because I forgot where I left off (I write that down,
now) or because pages stuck together and I didn't
notice. Then I do a spell check (which goes quickly)
and quickly run through checking pagination. This way
I've discovered on occasion that page numbers were
duplicated or omitted -- not the pages -- just eh page
numbers. You know how sometimes the numbers don't come
out correclty in the scan and have to be put in --
I;ve put in the wrong ones, apparently, on occasion.

So by the time I submit the book it is either perfect,
or close to that (the Excellent rating allows for "few
errors") and I've enjoyed the book.

Cindy

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail