[bksvol-discuss] Workaround: Latest JAWS 9 Update Appears Not to Read Page Breaks in Word

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <darrell.shandrow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 09:21:28 -0700

Hello Fellow Bookshare Volunteers,

While starting to validate another book this morning, I have noticed that the
latest JAWS 9.0.2152 no longer appears to read page break characters in Word
2003.  My workaround is to press JAWS Key+D and add \012 to the JAWS dictionary
as a "page break".  I would appreciate hearing from other JAWS 9.0.2152 users.
Are you experiencing the same issue?  Does applying this workaround resolve it
for you?

Thanks.

Darrell Shandrow - Accessibility Evangelist
Michele Y. Sinnock (sister): 7/20/1957 - 11/29/2007
Please visit http://BlindWebAccess.com and sign the petition asking Yahoo! to
make their CAPTCHA accessible!
Information should be accessible to us without need of translation by another
person.