[bksvol-discuss] Re: Word or Kurzweil

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:57:05 -0600

Well, the k1000 list has its ups and downs with regard to off topic bursts. Sad
how just a few folks can mess it up for the rest of us. Anyway, the back up
settings file option in the settings menu will back up corrections
lists, pronunciation dictionaries and spell check lists. So if you wanted to
port that to another machine, that's what you would use to save all that stuff
out and then put it into your new installation. With regard to an
installation over the top of an existing one, I know that the settings files
are not overwritten. But I don't know if an installation of a new version would
over-write the other things such as the enhanced spell check word
list. I posed that question to the list and will let you know what they say.
You could always do the back up thing just in case. Not a bad idea anyway,
especially if you've put a lot into your corrections lists. In the event
of a hard drive failure, if you had that stuff backed up somewhere else, you'd
be able to restore it when you rebuilt your machine.
Mary