[bksvol-discuss] Wishlist Requests

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:36:46 -0700 (PDT)

A Member has requested The Short Stories of John
Steinbeck.

Another member has requested a long list of books by
G. A. Henty. I did some research, and they sound
fascinating--wonderful historical fiction for kids or,
Bob, YA--or even adults. I read the biography of Henty
and his life was both sad and interesting--he was a
traveler and a war reporter in the 19th century. He
wrote 99 books, all of which are available now on 6
CDs. The reviews of the books were excellent, and they
have been republished, in some cases, I believe the
nonfiction The March to Magdala and The March to
Coomassie with all errors, blurs, etc. But the stories
have been republished in the 21st century.

Three are already in the collection--ones that were in
 public domain. I suppose the others are available
from PG, though I haven't checked, but it might be
nice to have them in the collection. If I ever get
caught up with my validating I'd love to validate
some. They sound like an ideal way to learn history.
Those of you who have kids might like to have them
scan and/or validate these.

JMO

G.Cindy

AVAILABLE AT