[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wish us luck

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 10:19:04 -0400

There shouldn't be two sets of page numbers in Bookshare books. NLS does it because their books are printed on paper, and the braille page numbers differ from those in the original text; and those braille page numbers aren't really necessary anyway. The only relevant page numbers are those from the original print book. Bookshare books are only supposed to have one set of page numbers, those in the original print book.

The big deal is that Bookshare is producing a lot of books for students. I can see some students having problems figuring out where they're supposed to be if they've got two sets of page numbers.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>