[bksvol-discuss] Wish list request

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Cindy" <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 08:52:33 -0400

A friend asked me to post these, and frankly am vaguely curious myself,
smile.  She was trying to explain to her boy friend who is from India why we
say certain things when, even though the meaning is the same.

Smile.  She is a member, and is willing to edit, but doesn't have a lot of
experience on it.

My library system doesn't have this one either.

Why We Curse: A Neuro-Psycho-Social Theory of Speech

Not a list of the conditions that bring forth strong epitaphs, which would
be better suited to a humorous circulating email message. Jay (psychology,
Massachusetts
College of Liberal Arts) has dedicated his career to investigating cursing.
Here he outlines the neuro-psycho- social theory of cursing; looks at the
psychological,
social and cultural factors underlying it; and explores why cursers choose
the words they do.
Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.