[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wish fulfilled list

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 13:01:12 -0700 (PDT)

If Bookshare would set up a system like I described almost a year ago,
requestors would know when their wish had been fulfilled.

  What I suggested back then was that a person would "submit" a wish just like
a scanner submits a book. That would be the wishlist "step 1" page. Then a
person could look over the "step 1" page, and commit to scanning one of the
wishes. That would move the wish from the "step 1" page to a "step 2" page.
Then when the book was scanned, the scanner would go to the wishes step 2 page
and upload the book, which would put it on the real step 1 page.

  Since the current step 1/step 2 pages work automatically without intervention
from Bookshare staff, once this system was set up, the wishlist step 1/step 2
could also work without intervention from staff.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Creation in Death by J.D. Robb

Dish Network has the lowest price for digital TV, switch today! Pricing starts
at $29.99 per month! Free installation if you call now!