[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wish Lists for 08-13-2012

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 13:10:28 -0400

    I would suppose that you would report that you are scanning it. As I recall, when the wish lists and books being scanned list were started we were told that when a book we were scanning entered the collection we should report it to the same address that we report that we are scanning it because Bookshare does not have the time and resources to keep checking the new books added against the books being scanned list. If that is the case I would not think that the time and resources would be available to keep checking the wish list against the books being scanned list either. When you report a book that you are scanning to the books being scanned list I would suggest that you also mention that it is a wish list book if it is. I think the same person handles both the wish lists and the books being scanned list.
On 8/16/2012 3:06 PM, Christina wrote:

Hello.

I have a question about the wishlists.  If someone agrees to scan a book that is on the wishlist, is that book removed from the wishlist right away?  I ask because I thought Tangle of Need was on the wishlist.  I said that I would scan it and, when I just checked the wishlist, it's not on there.  It isn't on the site either so I'm not worried about that.

Thanks.

Christina