[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wish List...Thomas & Charlotte Pitt

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 04:10:29 -0400

Dear Cindy and Perry Fans,

It's a tough call, but in my library, Monk has a slight edge over Pitt, but I'm guessing you'll like Pitt better. Monk is somewhat darker. His character is far more complex and he operates in lower class circles. He suffers severe amnesia, so when he resumes his life as a more considerate individual, he is frequently confronted with people who recall his original persona and thus treat him accordingly which is more negatively than his present behavior warrants. It can be harsh for him to learn about his past through the attitudes of those who knew him when. His wife is very socially conscious and a worthwhile character to follow as is Pitt's wife. Perry started a third series set, I think, during WW I, or was it II? Obviously that one didn't capture my imagination or I'd remember. I greatly admire Perry's depth of knowledge of life in nineteenth century England in city, town or country and on all class levels. She engages us in drama from relationships between people to conflicts between political powers. And, did I mention her series characters are appealing and her mysteries complex?

In other words, thanks to all of you who are adding to the Perry collection!

Always with love,

Lissi