[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wish List requests

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:09:01 -0700 (PDT)

There's no hurry. I added a paragraph with a list of
the authors. I don't think it's too much to ask a
would-be scanner to just check the collection before
choosing a book. The wish list is already so long,
that adding missing titles for each author...it
boggles the mind. Plus I think both the time it takes
you to do that and me to then insert the titles
alphabetically can be better spent by us. :-)

Rod wrote that most of the authors "won the 'Grand
Master' award from
the Mystery Writers Association of America, or the
"Golden Daggar" award
from the British Crime Writers Association - or both."

He also asked how to validate, since I  told him that
if he validated some of the books might get scanned
and into the collection more quickly. He uses
something called Lynx. I gave him a basic description
but suggested he sign up for this list. Also, it
sounds as if Pat Price--what a wonderful organizer--is
planning to make available some kind of validating
manual or outline or explanation. That would save a
lot of repetitious posts and explanations as we get
newbies who need to know how to validate.

Cindy