[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wish List: SF book will loan:

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 12:35:26 EDT

Permission should not be necessary at all. Bookshare is covered under the
exemptions in the current copyright law. In a message dated 7/26/2008 9:20:13
P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hello SF Buffs,

I have The Essential Ellison: A 35-Year  Retrospective, Ed. & Into. by Terry
Dowling.

This is an almost 1000 page collection of Sort Stories and  Novellas by a
master of science fiction, influenced by Alfred Bester and  Ray Bradbury, to
whom
the volume is dedicated, and by Rod Serling though he is  not mentioned. Some
of his scripts were sold to Star Trek and  Twilight Zone and his tales range
from quirky humor to nightmares. His  writing style matches his subject but
whatever the topic you will not soon  forget his tales. Members of the SF Club
will be reading one of his stories as  the first entry in The Science Fiction
Hall of Fame, Vol. III, to be  discussed Aug. 14.

The book is too big for me to handle and I do not have the  strength to press
down on it as hard as will be necessary. If I could put it  back together I
might have it taken apart as it is in sections but it  is sewn as well as
glued. Each sewn section could be dealt with  and  then reglued but however it
gets
done  would be okay with me. The book  was published by the Nemo Press and
the Copyright is 1987 by The  Kilimanjaro Corporation. There is a note under
the
copyright information that  for written permission to reproduce this must be
obtained from the author or  the author's agent, address included on the
copyright page.  I don't know  what the arrangement is between Bookshare and
American publishers but I  suspect his permission will not be difficult to get
if
needed.

I would love to be able to read the rest of the stories and  this, while not
an all inclusive collection, this collection has 67 of his  best stories. He
has publish over 40 books.

Amy
omsm

If it be now, 'tis not to come; If it be not to come, it  will be now;
If it be not now, yet it will come. The readiness is  all.

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.