[bksvol-discuss] Wish List: SF book will loan:

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 00:19:49 -0400

Hello SF Buffs,

I have The Essential Ellison: A 35-Year Retrospective, Ed. & Into. by Terry
Dowling.

This is an almost 1000 page collection of Sort Stories and Novellas by a master
of science fiction, influenced by Alfred Bester and Ray Bradbury, to whom the
volume is dedicated, and by Rod Serling though he is not mentioned. Some of his
scripts were sold to Star Trek and Twilight Zone and his tales range from
quirky humor to nightmares. His writing style matches his subject but whatever
the topic you will not soon forget his tales. Members of the SF Club will be
reading one of his stories as the first entry in The Science Fiction Hall of
Fame, Vol. III, to be discussed Aug. 14.

The book is too big for me to handle and I do not have the strength to press
down on it as hard as will be necessary. If I could put it back together I
might have it taken apart as it is in sections but it is sewn as well as glued.
Each sewn section could be dealt with  and then reglued but however it gets
done  would be okay with me. The book was published by the Nemo Press and the
Copyright is 1987 by The Kilimanjaro Corporation. There is a note under the
copyright information that for written permission to reproduce this must be
obtained from the author or the author's agent, address included on the
copyright page.  I don't know what the arrangement is between Bookshare and
American publishers but I suspect his permission will not be difficult to get
if needed.

I would love to be able to read the rest of the stories and this, while not an
all inclusive collection, this collection has 67 of his best stories. He has
publish over 40 books.

Amy
omsm

If it be now, 'tis not to come; If it be not to come, it will be now;
If it be not now, yet it will come. The readiness is all.