[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wish List

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:42:27 -0700 (PDT)

Kaitlyn,

I don't quite understand your question.  I see the
pages differently from you, so that may be part of my
problem.

 When you get to the main volunteer page and click on
Submit, that just allows you to submit a book. If you
go to the Advanced Search (I've found it quicker than
the other search) and put in a title or author, you'll
find out quickly if the book you're looking for is in
the collection, and if it ism you can download it to
read.

If you want to download a book to validate, or if you
want to see if a book you're thinking of scanning has
already been scanned and is on the
download-for-validation page, then you have to click
on Download and wait for it to load. Then you can do a
Find (at least I can, with IE ) and if the book is
already there you'll find it instantly. To find out if
a book not on the download list is being  validated by
someone or is awaiting administrator approval, you
need to go to Marissa's List which is on Rui's site. I
copy that list and keep it on my desktop as a Word
document so I can just do a Find and find it instantly
--or not. If not, then I could feel safe scanning it
-- although I'd post here to be sure no one else is
already scanning it.

HTH

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com