[bksvol-discuss] William Shirer's book

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:49:34 -0400

I downloaded the copy of Rise and Fall of the Third Reich currently on bookshare. I tried opening it in its native html format with k1000 version 9. I was unable to run autocorrect on it as k1000 made the kind of noise which ie usually makes when I cannot get to a site when I have no internet cable connection. I then tried saving it as rtf and opening in k1000. Again, no ability to correct anything in this copy. Never had this kind of thing happen with k1000. I have a very fast machine with massive memory. Just thought I would let the list know.

E.

At 02:22 PM 8/16/2005, you wrote:

Insert the page number followed by a blank line on the top line of the page above the chapter title. The page number will disappear in to the DAISY page number tag just like all the rest of them, but the hapter title will not be the first paragraph on the page so it won't be eaten.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>