[bksvol-discuss] Will You Join Me?

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 01:58:50 -0500

Hi everyone. I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year. I would like to propose a small project for those of us who are able to scan books. Would each of you join me in taking a little time in January to do a fresh scan of a book you've tried to read on Bookshare that has turned out to be in rough condition? If we each just did one rescan, we could make a nice dent in the number of poorly scanned books on the site.

For our validaters, would you be willing to make a little time to process some BSO versions of books? Just a little coordinated effort on our part can mean that future readers will get readable versions of books we can't read clearly right now.

For my part, I'm rescanning 2 books I submitted last year before I knew how to optimize my OCR programs to get clear scans. I'm going to do fresh scans of The DNA Of Relationships by Gary Smalley and Growing Through Divorce by Jim Smoke. Both books are in rough shape.

Monica Willyard