[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wild cards in search field

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:12:40 -0400

Hi all,

Cindy, it's really quite simple, if you write in *Guin in the search field, the computer will return all entries with all possible letters before the string 'guin'. this would be Le of course. You can use this feature in your own search facility on your computer. If you go to the start menu and choose search and type in Book*.doc You will get files named bookshare.doc bookreader.doc booklists.doc booky.doc (I don't think you have a booky, but who knows?) <grinning> If you type in racing* you might get a file named racing-form.doc. <giggling helplessly. Hmmmm, maybe that's more Judy S.'s thing? You gotta forgive me, folks. I've been drowning in email this morning. I was babysitting a plumber most of yesterday, and I just got horribly behind, like some three hundred messages!

Anyway, you get the idea. It's a standard computer thing, It also works in google searches.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring