[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wild Bill copyright

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:15:40 -0400 (EDT)

Tracy

Until you get some answers, I wouldn't do any work on that book for
obvious reasons.

The original validator, probably not on this list, isn't likely even aware
that the book got kicked back unless they happened to do a search for it
on the Step 1 page.
And I'd gander a guess most validators  wouldn't.
Even if they didn't find the book in the BookShare collection, assuming
once again they checked,
the validator would assume that all is well and that the book is tied up
in administrative limbo awaiting final disposition.

Once a volunteer co-ordinator is hired and has a chance to get his/her
feet feet wet and acclimated, this whole issue of how notifications (or
lack thereof)
is handled should be raised.  It
serves no purpose just kicking books back without notifications
distributed both to the validator and the original submitter who may be in
the best position to offer
clarification.

Now, stepping off my soapbox <smile>!!