[bksvol-discuss] Re: Widening narrow margins

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:35:47 -0500

Hi Lissi,
Having the line lengths mirror the original print book is not preferred for
Bookshare. There are good methods for fixing this after the fact, but they
might be a little complicated. How much time and effort have you invested in
this file so far? If not much, I'd recommend releasing it and letting someone
else take the file. If you've put a lot of work into this already and want to
finish it, maybe I can walk you through Gerald's way for doing this with Word.
There's no way you can fix this by adjusting your margins or anything else in
the view or formatting menus. Those things all affect how the file looks on
your screen or how it would look if you printed it out with a printer, but they
don't affect the underlying file which is what we want to do in this case.

Clear as mud? <lol>
Let us know what you'd like to do, and we'll help more if you'd like.
Kellie