[bksvol-discuss] Widening narrow margins

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:34:47 -0400

Dear Volunteers,

The book I've just started validating has very short lines throughout. I
imagine it's duplicated the original text. Did I understand that we are
encouraged to make wider margins?

If so, I haven't been successful in trying to do it with Microsoft word, 200
with Jaws 7.0 with an RTF file. I left justified the margins. In the paragraph
dialogue box, I put zeros in the for boxes which ask four numbers. I put in
body text, none and single in the other drop down boxes..

Then I wandered around the menus but couldn't find out how to widen the
margins. It really isn't  necessary because I do believe the scanned edition
had short lines. In case you are interested, the lines are about 55 characters
long, with spaces. But if longer lines are preferred, I'll lengthen them if I
know how.

Leave as is or not as is. That is the question.

Always with love

Lissi

"Maybe I should write a book called one hundred and one ways to use a frying
pan."
Sam Gamgee
in Tolkien fanfiction by Alatariel