[bksvol-discuss] Re: Why is there such a discrepancy in file size?

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:03:18 -0500

Nancy,

There may be several reasons why this book has such a high KB file size.
the one reason I can think of is that the Braille book was submitted
separately.  But, more importantly, the final DAISY size depends on the
original/validated file size.  Basically the BRF file is a plane-text file
with braille contractions represented by ASCII characters and requires much
less space to store than a fully-formatted book  that contains variety of
characteristics.  Unless someone goes through both versions of the book to
compare page-by-page, I'm not sure we'll learn the reason.

Pratik

  _____