[bksvol-discuss] Re: Why can't I find the new books?

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 20:24:56 -0500

Hi all,

There is something definitely wrong here. I'm not seeing the books from yesterday, Cindy. I'm seeing a list that starts with Star Bright. According to the page I saw, it was added on the 6th.

This is not acceptable, folks. I have not done anything to my computer. This list should work smoothly and flawlessly. As it is now, it's a mess. It's inconsistent, it's fluxuating by two-day intervals, and it isn't consistent from one web visitor to the next. Put it back to the way it was before! I don't know what's happening here, but at just after 20:00 EST, I'm not seeing the most recent books at all.

Pavi, Carrie, this is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. The New Books link used to work fine, it's not working any longer.

Ann P.

From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Why can't I find the new books?
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 4:06 AM
Hi all,

No, Cindy, I do not mean Most recent books.  I mean
'new books', which is found at the fourteenth link
on the browse page.

This whole thing is ridiculous.  Why is there a link to
something called 'most recent books'  and a link to
'new books'?  This is stupid! I think that these two
links go to separate pages.  this is confusing and stupid,
frankly.  There should just be a page for new books, one
page and one page only!  *All* references to new material
should be linked to that one page.  Forget most recent
books, forget all other links and pages and scripts to
activate the database.  Just have one page, one single page,
period.  You can have a million links to it, but all those
links should go to that sole page.

This is really unfair that we volunteers and the general
public have to struggle to see the new material additions.
Why has this become so difficult?   It should be a simple
page that is updated consistently, and works no matter how
you configure it.  I don't understand this whole thing.
It's totally ludicrous.

Ann P.

-- Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL:  akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx
blog:
http://www.samobile.net/users/akp/blog
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Email services provided by the System Access Mobile
Network.  Visit www.serotek.com to learn more about
accessibility anywhere.
line.  To get a list of available commands, put the word
'help' by itself in the subject line.