[bksvol-discuss] Why Do Old Books Smell?

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 20:43:28 -0500

I thought this would be interesting, since we handle so many books to scan them or to proofread with book in hand. I found a few web sites on the subject and will give you links to a few I thought were interesting.

Here is an informative video that explains why old books smell.

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2012/04/14/why-do-old-books-smell-video/

The Smell of Old Books

This gives an interesting bit of information about very old books as compared to old ones in addition to similar information that was in the video with minor differences on the explanation.

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/content/latest-questions/question/1860/

7 thoughts on "Why Old Books Smell"

I got a chuckle out of some of these comments.

http://5ptsalt.com/2012/04/17/why-old-books-smell/

Enjoy!

Debby

                                --
                mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
--

"Teach me, and I will hold my tongue
; Cause me to understand wherein I have erred.