[bksvol-discuss] Re: Why?

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 10:33:11 -0400

Actually, I kind of dislike the term deranged perfectionist. It seems to me to be a contradiction in terms. Putting that aside, though, I do wonder about the justification for the policy that people who are under contract with Bookshare can proofread their own submissions. I don't know anything about how one gets such a contract, but I would suppose that they must show some kind of evidence that they are good at what they are doing. However, it seems to me that the same arguments would apply to them that apply to volunteers. Just because one has signed a contract does not mean that they have reached a state of perfection. Even the best proofreader can still miss something that someone else might catch. Even the best submitter has a vested interest in their own work.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com