[bksvol-discuss] Re: Whom the Gods

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 12:49:11 -0600

Hi Gary,

I'm the guilty party that requested this book and said I would validate it. I'm sorry it's been such a hassle. I had no idea the hardback version had that kind of oddball sections. Is there any way to just take the weird sections that don't work with OCRing and leave them as images? When you then upload the book with a hold for me, I can then look at the images and see if it's something I can just then type in, as I'm sighted and might be able to figure it out.

If not - my grateful thanks for even tackling this in the first place, and maybe someone out there has a paperback version that doesn't have this stuff.

Judy s.
cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gary Petraccaro wrote:
I'm going to give this book one more day and then quit. I just did a rank spelling and god 1040 for 215 pages. That either means lots of names and unfamiliar words, or lots of margin issues creating problems. I checked Alibris and Abebooks and found a cheap Canadian copy which is probably inelligible and nothing cheaper than $18. Looked like a reasonable book, too.