[bksvol-discuss] Re: White Shark

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 20:33:02 -0400

No, the novel Jaws became the movie Jaws. White Shark was published around twenty years later and the title is very misleading. There is a white shark in the story, but it is peripheral.

On 6/25/2015 4:06 AM, Cindy Rosenthal wrote:

If White Shark is the book that became the movie Jaws, I agree with you, Rogers; it is a thriller(and may be horror but not a mystery; maybe mystery and thriller should be separated as scifi anad fantasy are, or should be
Cindy

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 11:56 AM, Roger Loran Bailey <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I just submitted White Shark by Peter Benchley to the checkout
list if any of you want to take it. But I noticed something. This
is the first time I have submitted anything since the new
categories went into effect and I have neglected to check them out
prior to this. I notice that some categories are now already
checked and I suppose that is how the publisher categorized the
book and was acquired from the ISBN. I found that I could uncheck
these categories if I wanted to, but I left them. One of the
prechecked categories for this one was mystery and thrillers. I
don't think I would have categorized it that way myself, but some
thought allowed me to because it did technically qualify. A
category that I added was horror. I think it qualifies as horror
much more than it qualifies as a mystery. Now, quite some time
back we were told that when the new categories were instituted
science fiction and fantasy would be split. Well, this book is
certainly science fiction even if the publisher did not categorize
it that way, but it most certainly and decidedly is not fantasy.
When I got to the science fiction check box I saw that the two
most unrelated of all genres were still combined. I really hated
to categorize this book under fantasy because it is not fantasy by
any means at all, but if I wanted to categorize it as science
fiction I had to. I really hate this lumping together of such two
distinct genres.
<mailto:bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line. To get
a list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the
subject line.