[bksvol-discuss] Re: Which books count toward the grant?

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 23:58:07 -0700

Hi, Carrie, you're bound to get some opinionated replies to this message.
Don't worry, nobody is wishing to shoot the messenger (you), but I will say
that the requirements don't make sense to me. If you are going to allow
romances for teens, they are not going to stop reading romance books when
they are adults. If you're going to have all other genres, it makes no sense
whatsoever to exclude romances. Think of those which are historical in
nature or are in the fantasy category. Catherine Asaro writes science
fiction romances. Oh, certainly there is political intrigue in there, too.
But I know you get my point. We have romantic suspense, humorous romance,
romantic westerns. My goodness, love and life are everywhere! Sorry, it
(romance) is ubiquitous and can't be excluded. Regards, Kim.

  _____