[bksvol-discuss] Re: Where does the office get the books?

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:29:50 -0500

Apparently a number of underage readers,  who clearly have not learned and
practised safe reading,  leave a lot of their unwanted books,  swaddled in
old backpacks,  on Bookshare's doorsteps during the night.  Gustavo
rescues the pityful little things as he opens the door for business in the
morning.

There should be laws against  wreckless book abandonment!

Aloysius

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"Gustavo Galindo" <Gustavo.G@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
05/24/2005 05:06 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Where does the office get the books?

Kasondra,

Where do books that we scan in-house come from? The answer is everywhere.
We go to library booksales. We accept boxes of donated books from people
in the area. We trade duplicates of books we already have with local used
bookstores. For high-interest new books, we have some money set aside to
purchase them.

Regards,

gustavo